Pages

9.25.2012

Tack så mycket!


Martin, who's blog Fire Broadside! has been a continual source of inspiration, made my day when he highlighted me and my humble blog.  Very kind words were written!  And so very interesting to read what someone else thinks about something I have done.

It was a post of Martin's that initially inspired me to write about my adventures with Mouse Guard.  About a year ago, I wanted a blog, but I had no idea what to do with it.  I knew I wanted it to focus on gaming, but at the time I was only involved in a Dark Heresy game.  Though a Mouse Guard game was about to take off.

The group I game with only plays once a month due in part to one of the founding members having family obligations.  The rest of us, with fewer family obligations, were thinking about a second monthly game.  Mouse Guard came up as a possibility, and I started poking around the interwebs to see what I could find out about it.  That is when I stumbled upon these posts by Martin.  I mean, his review of the game itself was good, but the actual play review is what sold me - and I'd decided I at least wanted to give Mouse Guard a try.

And so we tried it out... and the rest is history.

So, Martin - thank you for the promotion.  Within a day your post has doubled the number of fellow internet travellers who have decided to keep track of my blog.  Not only that, the number of hits in that one day was more than I had received for the entire prior month.

Nothing boosts the ego quite like recognition.

So with an apology for the internet translated 'thank you', and a second 'thank you' to everyone who has taken the time to check out my blog: I hope to continue to offer an entertaining diversion with my Actual Play posts and personal twists on Mouse Guard as they unfold.



2 comments:

Martin said...

I'm just happy that some of the stuff I write inspire other people to go out and create aweseme stuff like this blog!

Thanks for the kind words about Fire Broadside, and please keep on playing and writing. I've really been getting in the mood for some Mouse Guard lately... argh! Need more time! :)

Martin said...

Oh, and excellent Swedish! Haha!

Post a Comment